The Ontario government announced a new intake to the the streamlined Greenhouse Competitiveness and Innovation Initiative (GCII). There is up to $4.5 million in funding available for new and innovative projects. The initiative will be delivered through the Agricultural Adaptation Council (AAC).
Who can apply?
GCII Phase 2 is different from Phase 1. You cannot apply just for your farm. You’ll need to work together with other growers, researchers, businesses, technology developers and/or organizations to submit an application. For example:
- Growers in collaborative partnerships with other growers, businesses and/or researchers can apply.
- Organizations, like Flowers Canada Ontario or The Ontario Greenhouse Alliance can apply in partnership with researchers, technology developers or others.
What type of projects can be done?
The new program will fund projects in three categories:
- Production & Market Development: Improve production efficiencies, diversify sector markets, and accelerate market access.
- Biosecurity: Improve the sector’s biosecurity, resistance management and emergency preparedness.
- Environment: Improve the sector’s environmental stewardship and sustainability.
More details can be found in the Program Guide.
When are applications due?
- The deadline for application submissions is June 19, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
- Applicants should hear back by August 2020
- All projects must be completed by November 30, 2022