The Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) and the Canadian Trade Commissioner in the US, are hosting an upcoming webinar with US retailer, Lidl US on January 23rd.
Lidl is a German international discount retailer chain that opened its first US grocery store in 2017, and are currently looking to purchase Canadian products under its private label brand.
Products they are interested in include houseplants and other products from the floriculture and nursery sectors that are export ready.
To learn more about this meeting, see the details below.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Please REGISTER HERE to participate in the webinar on January 23rd at 10am.
- Please complete the online registration form by Friday, January 20th, 2023, and attend the January 23rd webinar.
- This program will be followed by a B2B meeting program* taking place in March in Guelph with Lidl’s purchasing team.
- Following the webinar, you will receive an application to complete for a pre-selection to participate in the B2B meeting
- The March meeting will consist of a 25-minute individual meeting* with your category buyer. Location and time will be communicated to you later.
(*If you are pre-selected by the Lidl buyer for a meeting, we will notify you by email in the first week of February.)
Lidl US currently has 182 supermarkets across Delaware, Georgia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia specializing in high-quality private label products offered at low prices. This initiative is best suited for Ontario manufacturers who are export ready and able to export private label products to the US. There is no cost to register for this program.
- Private Label Capabilities
- Export ready or already exporting to the US
REGISTER HERE: https://lidlmission.omafrabdb-events.ca/
For additional information on the meeting program, please contact Emma MacFarlane at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cecile Landgrebe at Cecile.Landgrebe@international.gc.ca.