Do you want to play a key role in supporting the competitiveness of Ontario’s greenhouse floriculture sector? If so, consider a temporary job opportunity to work as OMAFRA’s Greenhouse Floriculture Specialist for up to 12 months while Chevonne goes on maternity leave.
In this role, you will:
- Act as the lead provincial specialist related to greenhouse floriculture production
- Lead Ontario’s technology transfer activities through the development, coordination and implementation of strategies, policies and programs
- Coordinate research and projects designed to assess the applicability of new and existing practices, products, technologies and programs to Ontario’s greenhouse floriculture production sector
- Prepare educational and awareness building training and tools to facilitate change
- Act as a liaison between the research community and industry
- Manage contentious and high priority issues
- Represent provincial and ministry interests on multidisciplinary working groups to develop provincial, national or international initiatives related to the greenhouse floriculture production sector
For more details, please see the job ad. Applications are due on September 1st, 2020.