The Premier’s Award for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence program recognizes outstanding agriculture and agri-food related innovators, including producers, processors, and agri-food organizations. Awards of up to $75,000 are available. Nominate someone you know now!
The objectives of the Premier’s Award for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence Program are to recognize and encourage innovators in the agri-food sector, foster farm-level innovation, and raise awareness about the importance of agri-food innovation and its impact on the Ontario economy.
Examples of innovation areas include, but are not limited to:
- improved business practices
- response to consumer demands (e.g. new production and processing methods, product development)
- response to expanding consumer tastes (e.g. locally-grown and produced world foods)
- collaborations (strategic alliances, cross-sector partnerships)
- environmental stewardship
- energy and bio-economy
- health and safety
- food safety and traceability
- education and marketing of the agriculture and food industry to society
Applying For Awards:
Information on eligibility, the application process, and selection criteria can be found in the Premier Awards Guidebook.
Submit your application by 11:59 p.m. on May 25, 2018 to be eligible for a chance to receive one of the following awards:
- Premier’s Award – one, $75,000 award
- Minister’s Award – one, $50,000 award
- Leaders in Innovation Award – three, $25,000 awards
- Provincial award – 45 – $5,000 awards
To read about the more than 575 innovation projects that have been recognized since the program started in 2006 visit Agri-Food Innovation.
For more information, contact: Darlene Harrietha
Premier’s Award Program Analyst